Aisha (transliteration: ʿĀʾishah) is an Arabic name for girls that means “one who has a good condition in life”12. Its literal meaning is “alive”3. Aisha is the feminine form of the boy name Aaish.
There are eight Companions of the Prophet with the name of Aisha, including his own wife (first on the list below):
- Aisha bint Abi Bakr al-Siddiq عائشة بنت أبي بكر الصديق
- Aisha bint Jareer عائشة بنت جرير
- Aisha bint al-Harith عائشة بنت الحارث
- Aisha bint Abi Sufyan عائشة بنت أبي سفيان
- Aisha bint Abdul Rahman عائشة بنت عبد الرحمن
- Aisha bint Ujrud عائشة بنت عجرد
- Aisha bint Umair عائشة بنت عمير
- Aisha bint Qudamah عائشة بنت قدامة
The name Aisha may also be spelled as Aaisha, Aishah, A’isha, Aa’isha, A’ishah, Aaishah, Aesha, Ayesha, Ayeshah, and Aayesha among others.
There is an Arabian tribe by the name of Banu Aisha.4
Below is the name Aisha written in Arabic naskh script:
Below is Aisha written in the Arabic calligraphic ruʿqah script:
Your a great WORD MEANER and a writer…. May you get what ever you want (Ameen). And now I know what is the meaning of my name.
Awsome, Keep it up!
Thanks alot, for the research and founded the meaning of name Aisha
Alhamdulillah I’m proud of my name, Thank you very much
what is diferant aisha an aishat?
Thanks alot your site has really helped me am very happy keep it up
thanks for doing all this research!