Ashja (transliteration: Ashjaʿ, Arabic: أشجع) is an Arabic name for boys that means “brave”, “courageous”, “fearless”.12 Ashja also means “male snake”.34.
Ashja may also be spelled as Ashjaa and Ashja’.
There is one Companion of the Prophet Muhammad named Ashja:
- al-Ashja bin Sinan الأشجع بن سنان
Below is the name Ashja written in Arabic naskh script:
Below is the name Ashja written in Arabic kufi script:
- Mukhtaar al-Sihaah by al-Razi (d. 1266 CE), entry for شجع.
- Al-Muheet fil Lughah by al-Sahib bin Abbad (d. c. 995 CE), entry for شجع.
- Al-Nihaayah fi Ghareeb al-Hadeeth wal Athar by Abu Sa`aadaat Ibn al-Athir (d. 1210 CE), entry for شَجَعَ.
- Majma` Bihaar al-Anwaar by al-Fattini (d. 1578 CE), entry for شجع.