Barza could refer to two different names:
Barza (transliteration: Barza, Arabic: برزة) is an Arabic name for girls that means “dignified”, “self-respecting”, “respected”, “one whose good qualities are apparent”, “a dignified middle-aged woman who mixes with men and takes part in their conversation and is listened to (because of her wisdom and status)”.1234
Barza may also be spelled Barzah.
There is one female Companion of the Prophet Muhammad named Barza:
- Barza bint Mas`ud برزة بنت مسعود
Below is the name Barza written in Arabic naskh script:
Below is the name Barza written in Arabic kufi script:
Barza (transliteration: Barza, Kurdish: بەرزە) is a Kurdish name for girls that means “the high one”, “the tall one”, “the respected one”, “the exalted one”, from the Kurdish word barz (“high”, “exalted”).5 It may also be a shortened form of Barzā, which means “first-born”.6
Below is the name Barza written in Kurdish:
- Arabic-English Lexicon by Edward William Lane (d. 1876), برز.
- Al-Muṭarrizī, al-Mughrib fī Tartīb al-Muʿrib (d. 1213 CE), برز.
- Al-Ṣāḥib bin ʿAbbād, Al-Muḥīṭ fī l-Lugha (d. c. 995 CE), برز.
- Muḥammad al-Fattinī, Majmaʿ Biḥār al-Anwār fī Gharāʾib al-Tanzīl wa Laṭāʾif al-Akhbār (d. 1578 CE), برز.
- Hazhar Mukriyani, Hanbāna Borīna (d. 1990), بەرز.