Assalamualaikum I wanted to know about Islam's stance on the consumption of camel urine. I read somewhere that a group of people was asked to drink it by the prophet(). Is that Hadith authentic? Also, do other versions of this narration (which do not mention camel urine) exist?
The hadith mentioning it is authentic. I haven’t studied the hadiths that mention camel urine as I do not consider it an important issue, especially since scientists have discovered camel urine to have medicinal properties. The most important benefit is its ability to kill microbes and prevent bacterial infections:
- The inhibitory effect of camels urine on mycotoxins and fungal growth
- Camel urine components display anti-cancer properties in vitro
- The unique medicinal properties of camel products: A review of the scientific evidence
- Cytotoxicity of the urine of different camel breeds on the proliferation of lung cancer cells, A549
- In vitro assessment of the antimicrobial activity and biochemical properties of camel’s urine against some human pathogenic microbes