According to a fatwa by sheikh Dr. Ikrima Sabri (mufti of Palestine), the following points apply to organ transplantation and donation:
- Sales of human organs is not permitted
- Transplantation of organs is permitted if it does not threaten the donor’s life.
- Transplantation of sperm or egg-carrying organs (testicles and overies, for example) is not permitted due to causing the confusion of lineages.
- It is not permitted for a dead person’s family to donate his/her organs unless the person had stated their desire and willingness to do so while alive.
- Organ transplantation should only be used as a last resort.
- Organs grown inside pigs are not permitted to be transplanted into humans.
Source (Arabic PDF): Fatwa from IslamOnline
And God knows best.
Asking questions is temporarily unavailable. Sorry for the inconvenience.