Barza could refer to two different names:
Barza (transliteration: Barza, Arabic: برزة) is an Arabic name for girls that means “dignified”, “self-respecting”, “respected”, “one whose good qualities are apparent”, “a dignified middle-aged woman who mixes with men and takes part in their conversation and is listened to (because of her wisdom and status)”.
Barza may also be spelled Barzah.
There is one female Companion of !PM named Barza:
- Barza bint Mas`ud برزة بنت مسعود
Below is the name Barza written in Arabic naskh script:
Below is the name Barza written in Arabic kufi script:
Barza (transliteration: Barza, Kurdish: بەرزە) is a Kurdish name for girls that means “the high one”, “the tall one”, “the respected one”, “the exalted one”, from the Kurdish word barz (“high”, “exalted”). It may also be a shortened form of Barzā, which means “first-born”.
Below is the name Barza written in Kurdish:
Ashraf (transliteration: Ashraf, Arabic: أشرف) is an Arabic name for boys that means “loftier”, “more exalted”, “loftiest”, “most exalted”. Ashraf is the comparative and superlative form of sharīf (“exalted”, “lofty”).
There are two Companions of the Prophet Muhammad PBUH named Ashraf:
- Ashraf (last name unknown) أشرف غير منسوب
- Ashraf bin Humayyir bin Dhuhl أشرف بن حمير بن ذهل
Below is the name Ashraf written in Arabic naskh script:
Below is the name Ashraf written in Arabic kufi script:
Ali (transliteration: ʿAlī, Arabic: عليّ) is an Arabic name for boys that means “strong”, “fierce”.. Its literal meaning is “lofty”, “exalted”, “sublime”, “great in rank”. Ali is the name of the fourth Rashidun caliph, who was also a cousin of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and married to the Prophet’s daughter Fatima. There are also many other Companions of the Prophet Muhammad named Ali, listed below. Ali is also one of the names of God in Islam, used in multiple places in the Quran.
The name Ali may also be spelled Alee, Aly and Eli.
Below are two examples of verses of the Quran in which the word Ali is used:
That is because God is the Reality, and what they invoke besides Him is vanity, and because God is the Sublime, the Grand.
That is because God is the Reality, and what they worship besides Him is falsehood, and because God is the Exalted, the Supreme.
There are 17 Companions of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) named Ali. Their full names are as follows:
- Ali bin Abi Talib علي بن أبي طالب
- Ali bin Himail from Bani Ubaidah علي بن حميل بن بني عبيدة
- Ali bin al-Hakam al-Sulami علي بن الحكم السلمي
- Ali bin Abi Raafi` علي بن أبي رافع
- Ali bin Rifaa`ah al-Qardhi علي بن رفاعة القرظي
- Ali bin Rukaanah علي بن ركانة
- Ali al-Sulami father of Sadrah علي السلمي والد سدرة
- Ali al-Sulami علي السلمي
- Ali bin Shaiban bin Amr bin Muhriz علي بن شيبان بن عمرو بن محرز
- Ali bin Talq bin al-Mundhir bin Qais علي بن طلق بن المنذر بن قيس
- Ali bin Abi al-Aas bin al-Rabee` علي بن أبي العاص بن الربيع
- Ali bin Ubaidullah bin al-Harith علي بن عبيد الله بن الحارث
- Ali bin Alqamah علي بن علقمة
- Ali bin Maajid al-Sahmi علي بن ماجد السهمي
- Ali al-Numairi علي النميري
- Ali al-Hilali علي الهلالي
- Ali bin Hubar bin al-Aswad علي بن هبار بن الأسود
Below is the name Ali written in Arabic naskh script:
Below is the name Ali written in Arabic kufi script:
Aliya (transliteration: ʿĀliyah) is an Arabic name for girls that means “lofty”, “high”, “at the top”, “the top part of something”. Aliya is also another name for the Hijaz, the part of Arabia that contains the cities of Mecca and Medina.
There is one Companion of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) with the name of Aliya:
- al-Aliya bint al-Waleed العالية بنت الوليد
Aliya bint Ali (1911 – 1950) was an Arabian princess and the last queen of Iraq, being the wife of King Ghazi.
The name Aliya may also be spelled as Aliyah, Alia, Aalia, Aaliah, Aleya, Aaleya, Aleyah and Aaleyah.
The name Aliya is used in the Quran in verse 69:22:
21. So he will be in pleasant living. 22. In a lofty Garden.
Aliya is also used in verse 88:10 of the Quran:
9. Satisfied with their endeavor. 10. In a lofty Garden.
Below is the name Aliya written in Arabic naskh script:
Below is the same name written in Arabic ruʿqah script: