Salaam alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu. Is it okay to watch movies in Ramadan? What all things are forbidden in the month of Ramadan?
The things that invalid the fast are the following:
- Eating and drinking
- Sexual intimacy and masturbation to the point of ejaculation
- Intentionally causing oneself to vomit
- The start of menstruation and confinement for their duration (the start of confinement is bleeding accompanied by contractions).
- If a person makes a firm intention to break their fast (whether they succeed or not).
As for watching movies during Ramadan, they have the exact same ruling as during other times. All other things besides what is mentioned above has the same rulings, it is just that it is strongly recommended for a person to try to be more pious and observant when fasting.
- Fatwa from the Qatari Fatwa Authority (Arabic PDF)
- Fatwa from professor Muhammad Walid (Arabic PDF)
And God knows best.
Asking questions is temporarily unavailable. Sorry for the inconvenience.